Phase 3 Balanced Movement
Awaken and enliven your body and self through Silk Reeling.
Tai Chi’s Qigong practice is also known as Silk Reeling or chan si jing. It is a unified system of movement utilizing the entire body, and is characterized by circular, spiraling motions of the trunk and limbs. Practicing silk reeling deepens your understanding of the yin yang, or softness and hardness, and how to energize all qi circuits (internal energy flow) throughout the body. You also learn how to move more efficiently and effectively, and to maximize the body’s functional power – that is the ability to use 100% of your body’s power for a single movement. Silk Reeling is critical to practicing Tai Chi as a martial art, and yet it is calming and relaxing enough to be trained as a moving meditation.
Imagine yourself in the same room as Master Ren.
Chi Force’s Alan Bandes and Jon Miller distill the key details and insights of Master Ren’s Silk Reeling with step-by-step analysis of Master Ren’s movements. Learn it precisely, learn it at your own pace, and learn it from wherever you can place your computer.
- A regimen that relaxes the mind, and energizes the system when feeling tired
- Optimizes posture by strengthening anti-gravity muscles and relaxing muscles that pull the body out of alignment
- Able to gain strength quickly especially in the lower body
- Helps to relax neck and shoulders
Optimal Qi Flow
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the optimal balance and flow of qi are essential to mental and physical health. Unlike any other form of exercise, Tai Chi’s has the unique capacity to balance and restore deficient areas of qi leading to increased energy and bodily function, and feeling more calm and grounded.
- Live Classes: Support your Tai Chi practice with online classes offered several times a month.
- Forum Discussions: Meet other Chi Force members in your class and receive the answers to your questions from our instructors in our forums. We want your questions!
- Convenience: Learn at your own pace with minimal space and no equipment necessary.
- What skill level is this course?
This course is at a beginner level.
- What course do I take next?
After Silk Reeling, we recommend the 19 Form course.
- How long do I have access to this course?
You have lifetime access to the course if you purchase it. Otherwise, access is for the duration of your membership.
- Is this video offered in different languages?
Other languages are not offered at this time.
- Am I able to have online sessions with the instructor?
Live online classes are offered during the month. For personal training, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I purchase this course or membership for someone else?
Each course is available to purchase for you or another. For All-Access Membership for another, please send your request to email@example.com.